Evergreen Montessori Programs
Our school follows the approaches advocated by Maria Montessori by using a well-prepared Montessori environment, and by having a Montessori-trained Director. Spanish, sign language, science and music are incorporated into our regular curriculum. Additionally, the school offers a weekly exercise program, Stretch-n-Grow, which provides students a sage and fun educational experience about nutrition.
Evergreen students spend part of every day in the classroom (2,520 square feet) and in the playroom (2,783 square feet). Both rooms are well equipped and beautifully maintained and they are immediately adjacent to an outdoor playground. Whatever the weather, Evergreen students have room to run and play as well as learn.
In-school field trips take play throughout the year. These include visits from Mad Science Minnesota, a group that presents the children with engaging demonstrations and performs simple experiments allowing us to discover how science can help us better understand the world around us.
Evergreen offers the following programs:
Full Day: 6:30am-6:00 pm
Students may enroll for a minimum of three days per week and up to five days.
Here is a typical day:
- Arrival: The full-day and extended care children arrive between 6:30-8:30am. They begin their day by handing up coats, putting on indoor shoes and greeting friends and teachers. Breakfast is served from 8:00-8:15am.
- Morning work: Children go outside (weather permitting) or in the large playroom for 30 minutes of play.
- Half-day children go home at 12:00.
- Lunch: We provide a healthy hot lunch or children bring bagged lunches to eat in the classroom. The children set the table, serve the food, and help clean up. Sample Lunch Menu PDF
- Nap: Children rest of comfy cots.
- Afternoon: Children eat a snack and play until their parents pick them up, between 3:00 (when the school day ends) and 6:00pm (when full-day and extended care ends).
Our classroom is year-round, so children can continue from June to August. We offer the same education in the Summer but with more opportunities for outdoor learning and play.